Jello

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tool#9

1. Jing - the screencasts are a really cool idea!...One way for me to use it in my classroom would be to make a screencast to show students how to do math centers step by step or a "how -to" to log into some computer activities like "First in Math" and "Odyssey" math programs instead of always having to ask me or other students!

2. Skype - One of the ideas online for Skype was to use it as homework help...I thought that was a good idea, and it made me think it would be useful when, I, the teacher am absent....The substitute could Skype me if I were, let's say, at home with a sick child, and I could explain some concepts by way of Skyping instead of leaving detailed and sometimes complicated instructions for the sub to teach!..Of course Skyping other students and teachers around the globe is very enticing, too!

1 comment:

  1. Cool ideas about Jing and Skype. I remember having to explain the same center time after time. And the Skype idea if you were home with a sick child is neat.

    ReplyDelete