Jello

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tool #2

Just as any new found diet, or exercise regimine, or strategy to use in the classroom, it's about sticking to it...
Try using and applying the suggestions/ideas from a PLN such as the one we're embarking on, and soon I think you will see "results" by ways of better innovations, better collaboration, better creations, and ultimately, better teaching....

The advice on commenting that really stuck out to me was "rewarding" the comments with a short reply acknowledging their comments...it always feels better when someone either agrees with or even disagrees with the comments you, yourself, leave on other networks, so why not so when people leave comments on your blog?....
Another note to commenting I thought about was trying to attract readers...I just figured blogging was a way to vent or share ideas...but not necessarily to command a lot of attention, but the more readers you attract, the more ideas can be shared...duh!

I am impressed with the following blogs:
Cool Cat Teacher Blog, 2¢ Worth, Weblogg-ed, Fischbowl, and The Always Learning Teacher

8 comments:

  1. you have picked some great blogs to follow in learning about better collaboration, better innovations and better creations! I look forward to seeing what you discover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karl Fisch of Fischbowl is coming to SBISD on June 14th and 15th! He and Anne (one of the contributing teachers to the Learning and Laptops blog) are coming to work with secondary LA/SS teachers. They really employ some really cool 21st Century learning strategies in their high school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting thought about attracting readers. I hadn't really thought about it, but it does make sense that the more readers there are the more ideas will be shared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't thought of this as a new routine until you compared it to diet and exercise. It hit me that I don't always enjoy the routine as I am doing it, but I love the results that follow. Common sense. I excited to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you related this to a routine...once a routine is established, it simply becomes a habit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you compared this to a diet. It is true it is all about sticking to it. And we always like the end result when we stick to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely agree with you about sticking to this PLN. I am new to Spring Branch this year and have worked in Plano ISD for the past 2 years. I had to "stick to" the Love and Logic way of thinking when I first started teaching in Plano and absolutely love the result! So, I am in total agreement with you that we need to stick with this personal learning network thing. I think it will be great to allow us to collaborate with others!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am basically getting started as I write. I can identify with your comments.

    ReplyDelete